Axe Heads secured by a screw and Steel Handle Protector. Our „Top Line“-Products are characterized by their excellent workmanship.
The TOP Line Lucas Splitter by Helko is a Professional splitting axe. It sports a German engineered head to deliver highly effective strikes, increasing splitting efficiency. This splitter features a reinforced eye as it is intended for long term professional use and heavy duty usage. The Helko Lucas splitter features a safety screw and steel over strike protector. There is a screw that passes through the head into the handle to prevent the head from working free. The handle features a steel over strike prevents handle damage by reducing the risk of breakage due to missed swings. The heel of the splitter’s (bottom point of cutting edge) features a small hook for moving logs around.
• C50 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened bit / blade
• Stamped with 'Helko' crown mark
• Crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Axe Heads secured by a screw and Steel Handle Protector.