AXES & TOMAHAWKS, Helko German Axe, Traditional Line
These handmade, steel twisted splitting wedges have a wide striking face that is ideal for hammering. Each is forged from German C50 high grade carbon steel, with a perfect hardness level - hard enough to prevent mushrooming but forgiving enough to avoid the possibility of chipping or cracking. Sharp debris from chipping is a serious concern when using wedges, which is why it is important to only use wedges designed to avoid these hazards. Helko's twisted steel wedges are drop forged, heat treated, and oil hardened. While lower quality splitting wedges will break down over time and need to be replaced, Helko wedges should easily last a lifetime.
- Length: 8 ¼ in.
- Weight: 4 ½ lbs. (2KG)
- Made in Wuppertal, Germany
- Drop forged, heat treated, and oil-hardened
- Twisted, notched design helps prevent slippage
- Wedge incline assists with difficult splitting tasks
- Sharpened bit
- Center groove helps prevent pinching