It’s a pistol of a knife: it obliterates tasks. This Lucas Burnley-designed everyday carry knife is compact in stature but packs some heat in the features department. It comes with a frame lock for safety and Assisted Opening for super fast deployment. Be careful where you point it.
The Squid XM is an everyday carry folding knife from designer Lucas Burnley of Bend, Oregon. Based on the concept of a compact pistol, it’s small in size and big on ability. Don’t let the 2.95” blade fool you; this is a full-on, tactically inspired knife that’s ready to take on your largest cutting challenges. By designing it in a drop-point style, Burnley was able to give the blade a good balance of tip strength and point geometry for utility tasks, packing all the functionality of a full-size tactical folder, into an easy-to-carry, compact design.
Just like any good gun, you want something that’ll keep you safe. That’s why the Squid is built with the Assisted Opening innovation. Nudge the blade open part-way and Assisted Opening activates, snapping it open at super high speed. The IKBS ball bearing pivot system makes for a smooth rotation and a frame lock keeps it solidly in place.
So go ahead and bring this sidearm with you wherever you go. Just remember, it’s loaded.
How Assisted Opening Works
It’s held securely closed in your pocket, but initiate the deployment, and part-way through the rotation the blade swings open at an impressive speed for a simple, powerful, one-handed opening.
- Assisted Opening Flipper deploys the blade fast
- IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth operation
- High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- On blade friction grooves for grip
- Stainless steel handle withstands hard use
- Pocket clip provides secure carry
- Lanyard hole for keychain or fob
- Blade Length: 2.95″
- Handle Length: 4.11″
- Overall Length: 7.01″
- Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.10″
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Black Stonewash
- Handle Material: Black G10 and Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 3.60 oz.
- Designer: Lucas Burnley
- Assisted IKBS Pivot